Cheers to an Eventful Year
Where has 2016 gone? I hope your year has been filled with happiness, opportunities for reaching goals and pursuing dreams, and amazing experiences shared with friends, family and colleagues.
Ann Plans has had another exciting, fun-filled and eventful year. We are grateful to our nonprofit client partners, talented and committed vendors, and all the generous people in our community who support services that are making a difference for individuals, families and our community.
On a personal note, 2016 has also been an eventful year. The year began with a spectacular trip to the island of Kauai in Hawaii, we celebrated husband Steve’s 50th birthday in August with a foodie and outdoor lovers’ vacation in Oregon, my love of running was fueled by several races including marathons in Boston and Duluth, and I started swimming so I can add triathlons to my race schedule in 2017.
This month we are continuing our December tradition of sharing some of our favorite event moments of the year.
Ten Highlights from 2016
Ann Plans is blessed daily to be part of important and inspiring work through partnerships with our nonprofit clients. While it is impossible to do justice to 2016 in a Top Ten list, we hope these highlights provide insight into what we were up to this year:
- At the top of our list are the inspiring storiesweaved into this year’s event programs. One amazing speaker who stands out is Caleb, a Midwest Special Services (MSS) client with Down syndrome. Caleb had guests at the September Celebrate! event in tears, smiling and laughing, and giving a standing ovation. Caleb’s remarks about his job at Green Mill, lifting weights, volunteering at the YMCA, and what MSS means to him warmed the hearts of everyone in the room.
- We are grateful for the four-year partnership with our largest client, Courage Kenny Foundation, with whom we planned four signature events including the Shoot for Funtrap shooting event in Duluth and the Golf Challenge at Hazeltine.
- We had the opportunity to work with four new clients on 2016 events. Thank you to VocalEssence, Wilder Foundation, NuWay House, and Minnesota Caring for Children for involving Ann Plans!
- The first Ann Plans baby, Everett James Sinnett, was born to team member Caitlin Sinnett and husband Will on April 8.
- We worked with some of the most talented and community-minded emcees in the Twin Cities including Don Shelby, Chris Shaffer (WCCO), Rena Sarigianopoulos (KARE), Jearlyn Steele, and Jason DeRusha (WCCO).
- I was blessed to have the opportunity to continue my consulting with Fladeboe Auctions, working with close to 70 clients in developing live auction and fund-a-need strategies. Fladeboe Auctions has helped more than 275 organizations raise close to $25 million in 2016.
- We had the opportunity to do more outdoor work including Wilder Block Party and NuWay House’s Annual Picnic.
- Thank you to our newest clients, The Nature Conservancy and PRISM, for choosing Ann Plans as the planning partner for your upcoming spring events.
- We had more fun than ever in working with local entertainers. Wilder Block Party featured nine live entertainment acts including headliner PaviElle, and one of the most popular groups we booked this year was The Covers dance band at the Spirit of the Saints Gala.
- Ann Plans celebrated our 9th anniversary. We could not be more grateful for the continued trust in our work, and we can’t wait to celebrate year 10 with all of you!
Congratulations to Lauren Anderson
Many of you know Lauren Anderson who has been part of the Ann Plans team since 2013. We are excited for Lauren who began a new position this week as Education Sales Manager with the Guthrie. The theater is very lucky to have such a gem of an employee, and we are grateful that Lauren will continue to do some onsite work for Ann Plans.
Wishing you the warmest of holidays and an amazing start to the New Year!